Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I remember playing with the leftover bricks after my friends house was built. They were just the standard bricks. You know, the red ones. 

Anyways, I remember trying to see how high I could stack them until they would wobble and fall down. One landed on my foot once...but that's not the point. 

The reason I bring this up is because, I feel like not a lot has changed. I still see how high I can build my walls, until they come tumbling down. Only now it isn't with the red bricks. I now build my walls with insecurities, fears, doubts, and things that just scare me.

I get so guarded sometimes. 

I hide behind these walls that have graffiti that say, "happy", "confident" and "perfect", when in reality the walls are built with the things that contrast those words. 

The problem with doing this is not that the walls come down, because I know they shouldn't be built anyways, but it's the fact that the walls come down all at once with a loud crash when they reach the bottom. 

I hold everything inside way too long and then I have a break down. I don't know if this is making sense to any of you. This might just apply to me. But, if this does apply to you in anyway, let's make a promise to each other right now. Let's promise to not build our walls so high anymore.

 Repeat after me: I, [insert YOUR name here], do promise, to never build my walls to point where I can no longer see over them. I will not let my fears and doubts overcome my confidence and happiness again. I promise to do this for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

  1. i promise

    I liked that the bricks had graffiti on them.

    ReplyDelete