Sunday, March 23, 2014

you were my dads littlest brother
you looked like him
at least in the pictures I saw of you
you liked to skateboard
my dad taught you how
he also taught you how to surf and play basketball
I saw a picture of that 
dad said you were his favorite
maybe because his oldest brothers drank
and you were the one that kept everyone happy
especially him
your friend was driving
and I think you were in the back with your girlfriend
not sure what happened
all I know is that there was a semi-truck 
and a collision
now 20 years later I'm wishing you were here
I always wonder what you would have looked like 
or what you even looked like at all
you left 3 months after my older sister was born
I know grandma and grandpa really miss you
we all do
but we know you're happy 
you are still loved by all of us

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes people think they can't mourn for someone they didn't know or they didn't know well. Like, you can only be sad if it's one of your parents or a sibling or your BEST FRIEND, otherwise, just get over it.

    But I disagree.

    This is such a good post. You're mourning someone you've never met and it's so heartfelt and real and beautiful. Great job.

    ReplyDelete